While candles will never be a truly eco friendly product – we have endeavoured to make a candle that is as kind to the environment as it can be. After months of research into waxes, wicks, essential oils and pot making; we are very proud to introduce the little doris refillable eco candle
- the wax is a luxurious mix of coconut and rapeseed. Our suppliers confirm that it comes from sustainable sources – the rapeseed is from the EU and the coconut comes from small holder farmers in the Philipines and Indonesia. There is no forest removal in order to plant new coconut trees and their supplier is pioneering a programme to train farmers on sustainable coconut agricultural practices
- the rosewood wicks are completely non toxic, organic, eco friendly and sustainable
- we use 100% pure essential oils which are vegan friendly
- the pots are handmade in twickenham and sealed with a non-toxic water based sealant
- all candle and postal packaging is eco friendly and can be recycled
- and importantly the pots are REUSABLE – either buy a refill from us to pop in your pot or reuse them as a succulent planter or a pencil pot – let your imagination run wild!
candle care instructions
On your first burn: burn for at least 2 hours and no more than 4 hours. On subsequent burns do not exceed 4 hours at a time
Trim your wick: having wood wicks makes this super easy, simply pinch off the excess burnt wick with your finger and thumb before relighting
Make sure you choose a safe place to light your candle: away from draughts, soft furnishings, children and pets. Stand the candle on the lid to avoid marking any surfaces
Use the lid to snuff out the candle
Never leave a burning candle unattended
Stop burning your candle when it has 1/2 inch of wax left. You can then refill or reuse your pot
how to reuse your pot
You can do this by buying a refill of your favourite candle from little doris or by using your pot for another purpose.
First you will need to get the excess wax out. Once hardened, you can do this by popping your candle in a freezer for a few minutes or by gently warming the outside of the vessel (eg stand in hot water). The wax will lift out easily and you can clean away any excess wax by hand with warm soapy water – do not put in the dishwasher
You can then add a refill or reuse as a planter, a pen pot, a sugar jar, a make up brush holder – the world is your oyster.
We will be updating this area with pictures and suggestions over the coming months